IT support for the Insurance industry
The insurance industry is one of the most fiercely competitive sectors in the business world. Agencies not only face stiff competition from large corporations with huge ad budgets, but also other local agencies and even lone agents always looking to lead away clients. In this hotly contested environment, you need a competitive advantage, and that’s exactly what a sophisticated approach to technology can provide.
Priorities in the Insurance Industry:
- As insurance and financial experts know well, money is time and time is money. By using technology more wisely, staff can be more productive. Just 10 minutes saved per day adds up to over 40 hours per year! Tools such as remote access and dual monitors provide important efficiency gains, not only for agents, but also for administrative staff. The right software, customizations, efficient practices, and good staff training are all ways to gain efficiency and save time and money.
- Software systems. Insurance agencies depend on large, complex systems that manage significant amounts of data. You need the right software solutions, supported well.
- Marketing and Business Development. In such a competitive market, business promotional strategies are especially important. Your agency’s website should provide helpful information to clients, secure access to client resources, and should be one of your most powerful business development tools. A well-crafted website, combined with the right SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy and potentially a social media strategy, will not only ensure the agency is professionally represented on the web, but should also provide an excellent ROI (Return on Investment), paying for itself very quickly. As the employee that never sleeps, your website should always be making you money.
- By having access to data on the road and in multiple locations, insurance agents can be much more productive. This increased productivity can translate into less time on administrative tasks and more time making sales.
- With client health data on record, insurance agencies must be in compliance with HIPAA, which stipulates strict security requirements. Building a secure IT strategy requires multiple components ranging from up-to-date staff policies, proper staff training, highly secure systems, the right password policies, properly managed antivirus software, strong firewalls, encryption, and more. Most firms should be utilizing email encryption along with hard drive encryption on all mobile devices.
- Downtime is brutally expensive and, therefore, IT systems must be cost-effectively engineered to prevent it. For firms with multiple servers, virtualization is just one example of a powerful tool to dramatically increase system stability, while reducing TCO (Total Cost of Ownership). For all agencies, choosing the right hardware, engineering the network properly, and supporting it effectively are all critical to maintaining high levels of stability.
- A technology infrastructure is only as good as the team supporting it. A full range of IT services is required to truly leverage technology, including consulting, planning, engineering, managing, and supporting 24/7.